INTRODUCTION TO APPLIED PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Click HERE to download a full PDF Fact Sheet
Click HERE to make a booking
Course Duration: 1 Day
When a business unit manager or executive says “we don't need a project manager”, they may not have thought through the venture they are about to undertake. Managers and executives need to appreciate, that a project manager is a necessity in today’s complex and competitive environment; not an overhead. In fact it’s fair to say, that the first person appointed to any so called project initiative, should be the project manager.
The skills required by the person designated the role of project manager, is very different from those skills required to perform day-to-day or operational duties. It’s often a misnomer to believe, that a good subject matter or technical expert, will automatically make good project manager.
The tools, techniques and methods of managing and leading projects in today’s business environment are all about the ability to integrate technical know-how, with project management knowledge and process, into one fluid discipline, called project management. It’s not just about taking on the right projects, it’s also about managing them right!
Effective project management is no longer an accidental role it’s a developed competency, which could make the difference between project success or business failure.
- Understanding what is Managing By Project and what is Project Management
- Knowing how to identify when an initiative is a project and when is it just day-to-day operations
- Obtaining clarity on the competencies of the modern project manager
- Understanding how the project lifecycle is different from the product lifecycle
- Understanding the five project management process groups
- Understanding the eight project management knowledge areas
- Understanding a projects triple constraints – scope, time and cost
- Seeing project management as a must have, not just a nice to have
Topics Covered in this Course:
- Introduction to Managing By Project
- Introduction to Project Management
- What is Project?
- What is Project Management?
- How are Projects and Operations Different?
- What are the Competencies of the Modern Project Manager?
- How are Project Lifecycles different from Product Lifecycles?
- Understanding the Five Project Management Process Groups
- Understanding the Eight Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Understanding a Projects Triple Constraints – Scope, Time and Cost
- Project Managers with little or no formal training in project management
- Project Leaders with little or no formal training in project management
- Junior Project Managers with little or no formal training in project management
- Project Administrators with little or no formal training in project management
- Managers who would like to better understand the discipline of project management
- > Introduction to Applied Project Management
- > Managing By Project and Project Managment Simulation (X-SIM)
- > Applied Project Scope Management
- > Applied Project Time Management
- > Applied Project Risk Management
- > Project Managment Professional (PMP) and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Exam Preparation Program
- > Modern Facilitation and Collaboration Skills For Project Managers, Project Leaders and Facilitators
- View all courses